The Foundation Stage is the period of education from the age of 2 – 5 years, covering Nursery and Reception classes. his is a distinct stage with its own developmental milestones which most children should reach by the end of the Foundation Stage.
The Nursery offers both full time and part time places with up to 44 children per session and is split between Tiny Gems (2-3 year olds) and Little Jewels (3-4 year olds).
Morning session: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Afternoon session: 12.30pm – 3.30pm
Full time session: 9.00am – 3.30pm
The cost of the full time place is £135.00 per week.
Breakfast Club is also available to Nursery aged children:
7.55am – 9.00am at a cost of £17.50 per week.
Dear Nursery Parents/Carers, Welcome back, we hope you had a restful holiday, the children are really settled in the nursery now and we are looking forward to an exciting and productive Summer Term.
Our topic will be about Transport and develop the children’s understanding of how we move around and where we can go in the local area. If your child has a book/story related to this they would like to share then please send in the book.
Reminders:- Can we please have family photographs for our display board? Please check bags for nappies and wipes. We need a spare set of clothes for your child. Please name all coats and wellingtons, and please put a label on buggies so that the staff know whose buggy is whose. Parent Consultations for transition to Little Jewels will be confirmed later in the term. This term we will be trialling a maths library. To make this successful we need parent volunteers and will hopefully be able to extend the library to the whole of the nursery.
- In the hot weather please remember to bring sun cream and a hat for the children
- T-shirts with sleeves to protect shoulders please
- No open toed sandals
- The school has a no jewellery policy and earrings should be studs only please
- We will be joining the whole school trip and will need parents to accompany the children, a letter will be sent nearer the time
Our topic for the first half term will be about Journeys and develop the children’s knowledge and understanding of how we move around, how far we can travel and how simple maps can help us. We will be using non-fiction books to help us do this. The second half term we will look at a variety of stories related to the theme of Changes and Starting School to link with the children moving on to Reception.
Half Term 27 th May – 31st May children return on Monday 3rd June
Farm animals visiting – 26th April
Whole school trip – Thursday 4th July
The last day of the Summer Term for Nursery children will be Friday 19th July Nursery party will be on the morning of Friday 19th July all children should attend that morning
- A change of clothes for when the children get wet or dirty (we have a mud kitchen and the children LOVE mud pies!)
- Wellington boots and a water proof coat for the wet weather.
- Please wait outside the nursery doors at the end of the session and the children will come to you. We do this to ensure the children are safe and leave with the correct adult.
- Please turn off all mobiles before entering the school grounds as we are a mobile free zone