Teacher for PE and Sports Champion
Post title: PE teacher and Sports Champion
Salary range: Negotiable – depending on experience and qualifications
Responsible to: Headteacher
St Mary’s CE Primary School, N8 is seeking to appoint an Outstanding person to lead our PE, Sports and Wellbeing team in our diverse and vibrant school.
We are looking for an inspirational, competitive and passionate practitioner with the wow factor who will put children at the heart of everything they do.
We have a fantastic reputation in the sporting field and are looking to build on that foundation.
Do you have the skills, qualifications, experience and drive to :
- Teach inspirational PE lessons from Reception to Y6
- Raise standards in sport and pupil involvement in a wide range of sports in the school
- Champion, lead and support sports, PE and the dance curriculum across the school
- Work with targeted children needing additional support
- Organise activities, tutor and mentor pupils to enable them to be engaged in school life
- Get parents and carers involved with Sports and PE
You will be required to have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of working with children in sporting contexts
- Have a passion for sport and raising its profile in our school and community
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a diverse team
- Have a commitment to safeguarding children
Please contact the Officer Manager, Lorraine Christou, for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
All posts at St Mary’s CE Primary School are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Closing date: Friday 17th November 2017
Interview date: Tuesday 21st November 2017