Welcome back and we all hope you had a lovely Easter holiday! We are looking forward to another busy and exciting term with lots of interesting learning opportunities. We have already been planning trips and we are going to The Tower of London. We welcome parent volunteers; please look out for the letter giving more information about this trip.
This term our Topic is ‘Castles and Knights’. In this exciting topic we will be investigating how castles were built, who protected the castles, who lived there and what were their roles. We will be also be hosting a magnificent Medieval Day – more info to come next term.
- We will be studying Paul Klee and painting castles in his style.
- In English we will be covering a range of non-fiction and fictional writing and reading, also working hard on spellings and focussing on our phonics to improve our reading.
- The history of castles, including the Tower of London in preparation for our visit there.
In science we will be learning about Animals and classifying them into groups.
In maths we will continue looking at addition and subtraction, using practical resources to consolidate learning. The children will continue to learn the multiples of 2, 5 and 10 and learning division through the concept of sharing and multiplication. We will also be learning about time and money.
Help your child at home
by completing the practice book 1A. Wearing a watch and telling the time. You can also have fun using money to help your child understand the value of coins.
- PLEASE NAME all sweaters, coats, summer hats, plimsolls etc.
- Please ensure your child has the correct PE kit in school at all times otherwise they will not be able to participate due to health and safety reasons. The children will be doing PE on Wednesday and Thursdays.
- It would be really helpful if you could send in tissues for the class – thank you.
- If you would like to help out on our trip please speak to your class teacher and complete a List 99 check at the office.