Welcome back and we all hope you had a lovely Easter holiday! We are looking forward to another busy and exciting term with lots of interesting learning opportunities. We have already been planning trips and we are going to The Tower of London. We welcome parent volunteers; please look out for the letter giving more information about this trip.
This term our Topics are Castles and Knights and Pirates. In the first of these exciting topics we will be investigating how castles were built, who protected the castles, who lived there and what were their roles. We will be studying Paul Klee and painting castles in his style. We will be also be hosting a magnificent
Medieval Day – more info to come next term.
Whilst learning about Pirates we will find out more about boats. We will make and follow treasure maps and learn about famous explorers.
In English we will be continuing with our talk for writing program. We will be covering a range of non-fiction and fictional writing and reading, also working hard on spellings and focusing on our phonics to improve our reading. Our books will be; The Paper Bag Princess –Robert Munsch, The 3 Little Pigs, A New Home for A Pirate – Holly Swain, and How to Find Gold – Viviane Schwarz
In science we will be learning about Materials and their properties.
In maths we will be learning about multiplication and memorizing our 2, 5, and 10 times tables, we will also learn how to divide. We will start to learn about fractions of numbers and shapes. We will be learning how to tell the time and how to use money. Help your child at home by wearing a watch and telling the time. You can also have fun using money to help your child understand the value of coins.
- PLEASE NAME all sweaters, coats, summer hats, plimsolls etc.
- Please ensure your child has a PE kit in school at all times otherwise they will not be able to participate
due to health and safety reasons. The children will be doing PE on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Any letters or reply slips which need to be returned, can be given to the adults in the class. Parents and children are encouraged to check each day.
- It would be really helpful if you could send in tissues for the class.
- If you would like to help out on our trip please speak to your class teacher and complete a List 99 check at